Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
fok doris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:11:22 -0800
Dear lactnetters,

It's been a long time since I last posted.  Recently,
I've been supporting a British expatriate mother with
4 week old twins (about 2.5kg. each).  Both have been
fed breastmilk and breastfed since their birth.  The
mother called me frantically yesterday to report that
her twins seem to want to feed non-stop. I suspect
they might be having a growth spurt.  She was
enouraged to feed the two of them at the same time (to
save time & energy) and also continue with the
domperidone (which was started the night before).
BTW, how long can one take domperidone?

I feel that fatigue is also another issue with this
mother as she also has visiting parents who will be
leaving Singapore soon.  Her parents have been
expressing their concerns about the babies' needs. I
think they are adding to her stressful situation. this
mother also likes to take her babes out in the morning
to run errands. I've encouraged to stay home during
this period to get the much needed rest until her
supply builds up again.

Do you have any suggestions for such a situation?

Doris Fok
IBLCE Director, Asian Representative
B.A., Postgrad. Dip.Ed, IBCLC

=====

Doris Fok -- Nurturing Families since 1984