From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:01:04 +0200
In late September of 2001, the 25th to be exact, I posted about a friend
whose 14 month old had stopped BF for a week, and then just as suddenly
started again.  We don't see each other that often; in April they visited
and he was still BFing.  Then in late June we met again, and she told me,
just as ecstatically as she had informed me of his resuming BFing in 2001,
that he had weaned.  He turned 3 a couple of weeks ago.
Before I joined Lactnet I really had no experience with babies over a year
who returned to the breast after a period of more than a couple of days, and
indeed was inclined to reassure mothers of even quite young babies who were
going through a period of strong disinterest that 'maybe he's just moving on
now'.  If I hadn't learned from other Lactnetters that it is possible to
preserve BF through even quite long breaks, this dyad would have BF less
than half as long as they finally did.
I find Lactnet SO useful!
Rachel Myr
wondering how she will manage for even 2 weeks without it, even on a boat
with no nurslings aboard