Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 20:38:02 EDT
My daughter has had good relief and prevention of plugged ducts by using
Lecithin Granuales.  She uses 1 tablespoon twice daily mixed in yogurt.  Each
tablespoon contains 7.5 gms of lecithin.  It also comes in pill form but it is a
huge pill and she doesn't swallow them easily.  She took lecithin regularly
after her first experience with plugged duct, she had mastitis following on the
heels of the plugged duct.  Relief was quick for the mastitis with the
antibiotic but the plug hung on until she started the Lecithin.  She got lazy and
"forgot" to take it and started to feel another coming on...started taking it
again immediately and it resolved before mastitis became an issue again.

I found reference to this in Lawrence and in the archives here.  Diane
Weissinger had a great post on plugged ducts some years back.

Linda Inglis, BS IBCLC
Palm Harbor, FL USA