Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:23:31 -0700
While I agree with Catherine in theory, I think the reality is different.

For me, I knew that with a csection and GD, my baby would likely need
milk before I was out of recovery and the little bit of nursing we did
on the OR would likely not handle that need.  So I simply brought in
frozen milk from a friend.  I had known her some time, and knew her milk
was fine.  Sure enough, about 45 minutes after birth, Janene's numbers
indicated something was needed, so my husband used a syringe to feed her
the milk.  I arrived about 30 minutes later and her numbers were fine
after that and nothing else was needed.  However, that 8 ounces we had
with us in the hospital was such a gift, and we still call my friend
Janene's milk mommy.

A few months later I was in Chicago visiting a friend and left a
sleeping 4 month old Janene with my lactating friend while Lexie and I
ran to the store.  Janene woke up about 10 minutes after I left (best
laid plans of mice and men) and my friend nursed her for a short time,
until her 9 month old turned shades of green.  Janene was OK until I got
home less than an hour later.  I was glad my friend could offer my child
that comfort (of course, we had discussed the ahead of time and she had
my approval.

I think more moms do this than we know.  I don't think it's discussed
often.

Joylyn