Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Teresa Vinisky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:02:51 EDT
I wrote to Real Simple a few days ago concerning their article. This is the
reply I received. Still less than pleased....but here you go.

Thank you for your letter regarding the August story "What's the Worst Thing
That Could Happen If..." We have received a great number of passionate reader
letters about the breast-feeding issue. This came as no surprise to us as it
generated strong opinions among the editors as well. Ultimately, everyone on
staff agreed that breast-feeding is always better than not breast-feeding (and
in the article we clearly outline the benefits) but also recognized that not
every mother is capable of nursing for the 12 months recommended by the American
Academy of Pediatrics. There are women who are forced go back to work after 8
weeks of unpaid maternity leave and don't have private offices or convenient,
discreet stations for pumping. There are women who suffer from infections
during breastfeeding, making nursing unpleasant and painful, and ultimately
interfering with the enjoyment of their babies. This article was for the benefit of
those women, who try their hardest to do the right thing, but are defeated by
circumstance and subsequently saddled by guilt.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us. We take your opinions
seriously.

All the best,
The Editors

*Please note that Real Simple responds to every letter we receive, and
therefore, regrettably, not all letters can be answered in a timely manner. Please
consult our website - www.realsimple.com - in the event your inquiry may be
answered sooner.