Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:07:12 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/2003 5:09:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Any ideas from any of you on what works to save steps, save time,

Laurie, we have seven nurses stations on three different floors for FCC/PP
pts, and a 50+ bed Nicu on another floor, in all these locations we have a
hanging files with many of the routine info sheets and lanolin samples, ....this
way the staff also have access to those info sheets, ....and, all the units have
supply carts that include BF related items such as you mention.  For other
misc units we just have to remember to take any needed items that they do not
stock.

Some of us still carry a notebook with the most frequently used papers, ie;
consult and info sheets, but can restock the notebook with out having to go
back to the offices.

For all-on-one-floor work the cart idea should work nicely and be even more
efficient.

Another helpful item besides the pagers are the phones we all carry so we can
easly communicate with each other, and with the office secretary/receptionist
who does alot of triage, scheduling, teaching, product sales and instruction,
pump rentals, extentions, returns, ...accounting, stats, among many other
office activities....also speaks spanish.

Debbie Tobin
RN BSN IBCLC LCCE
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/lcagw2000/lcagwcover.html">LCAGW</A> Co-VP
Springfield, Virginia USA
In the Fairfax County suburbs outside the Washington DC beltway

<A HREF="www.BestBreastfeeding.Info">www.BestBreastfeeding.Info</A>