From:
Ginger Carney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 14:33:56 -0500
I am glad to see them now "disallowing" the water bottles to be used for breast milk storage, and offering to SELL bottles specifically for breast milk storage.  I just wish they would charge for ALL of their products !  These "cute" little bottles are too easy to use for all of the NICUs all over the country.  It makes it look like Ross is supporting the efforts of breastfeeding mothers, but this is not exactly what has been going on.  My biggest problem now is that I have heard nurse managers wanting to resort to inappropriate storage containers so that they don't have to pay much for this or at all!

Ginger Carney, RD, LDN, IBCLC
Clinical Nutriiton Mgr./Lactation Consultant
Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center
Memphis, TN