Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rick Gagne & Elise Morse-Gagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:40:22 -0400
Thank you, Nikki. What a great post.
One day I came in to the local hospital as an LLLL to see a mother there (I
forget just why).  I had my little girl with me.  Weeks later the LC, who
was starting to train me to take her place eventually, sat me down and
explained that maybe I could get away with that as a volunteer, but it was
definitely not professional behavior and I should be quite clear that I
would not be able to do this as an LC.
My children are 9 and 6 and when they aren't in school they can stay with
their father or grandmother.  I wanted 3 children and probably the single
largest reason I don't have 3 (besides the trivial fact that their father
is happy to stop with 2!) is that I must now work, and I'm not willing to
leave a baby behind.
My father used to let me and my little sister hang out in his office and in
his classroom as he taught college geology.  Once his students started to
laugh...he was drawing some molecular structure on the blackboard and my
sister was drawing her own version of it just above the chalk tray.  When I
went to college there was scarcely a child in sight -- I knew the
professors  had them but they were never in the department or even on
campus.  I missed them.
I don't know if I would have the guts to buck the system and try to do my
job with a baby along, but I wish I did.
Elise