From:
Ann Slaughter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:20:02 -0600
Christine,
While I was "married to the military" (husband was active duty person)  I
worked for two hospitals that were making their own discharge diaper bags.
(1) Bexar County Community Hospital (1991) now called University Hospital in
San Antonio, TX, (2)  The Medical Center (1999) Columbus GA.

Now each of these provided a diaper bag, along with hospital printed
information & shot/immunization record
In TX the large diaper bag was part of the admission pack.  So there were
diapers, wipes, bulb syringe and printed parent information (as best as I
can remember).  In  GA is was a much smaller diaper bag  (similar to the
small formula gift packs).  It contained the  hospital printed material and
shot record.  I am not sure if these are still given as we are now retired
and I have lost contact with friends at these hospitals.  You might try
calling the Nurse Manager of each of these hospitals Newborn Nursery and see
what is currently used.  Anyone on LACATNET that is associated with these
hospitals?  Maybe they can make an update.

Hope this helps.

Ann