From:
Theresa Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:18:36 -0800
Jan,
I, too, found it a disturbing story.  What kinds of thoughts would these parents have on an hourly basis when a child beautifully acts like a child.  Even in their good moments, the parent need for control scares me and the thought that this was/and possibly is still endorsed by people who influence so many people is wrong.  The relief she felt when she learned to "really" love and accept her role to guide her children instead of finding fighting ground at each turn is so clearly evident in her writing.  She and her husband (and of course her children) are the lucky ones, but what about others?
I had no idea about Ezzo's push for spanking, tapping and hitting.  A  7 month old?  And of course the Ezzo structured sabotage of breastfeeding from the very beginning.  I have never lived near or had to deal with any couples using the Ezzo method.  Wow, where have I been?
Thank you for enlightening me Jan.
Theresa Johnson RNC IBCLC
Orlando Florida
 Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:http://www.ezzo.info/Voices/hfamily.htm