From:
David Whitbeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:02:25 -0500
Chris Parles wrote:

>3)  Tintner  (Naxos) - One of best recording this symphony has received,
>if not THE best.

I like this one alot.

>If you must have just one of them, go for Ormandy on sony (#5) and
>Skrowaczewski (#6) on Arte Nova,

I like these two alot as well!

>8)  Maazel (EMI/Seraphim) - Among the best recordings of this symphony,
>regardless of price.

This one of the two recordings of the eighth I have.  I like it better
than Tintner (I think Tintner's B8 is too long and not as moving!)

I'm going to have to try the others on your list because it seems that
we like the same things in Bruckner recordings.  I'm going to save your
email for future reference.

David Whitbeck