From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:18:12 -0500
I have made some minor additions to my web site.  Nothing earth-shaking,
so don't call the TV stations yet.

I added a Fanfare review of Lewenthal's Alkan/Liszt CD on Elan and BMG.
Several years old, but a great review by Adrian Corleonis.

The British Alkan Society has links to my site, and I told them I would
reciprocate.  I did.  BTW - Their Discography is better than mine, so I
might give up on the one I have been working on.  However, I could add
links in mine to other parts of my site.  Stay tuned.

Although I called my site "A Discography", this isn't really accurate.
Compendium??  Suggestions??

My original aim was to present information about EVERY recording of
Alkan's music ever made.  Grove's (Groves'??) and Ronald Smith's books
were the basis for my list, but they don't have links, and neither is
readily available to the general public.  The Alkan Society's list IS
available, so I don't want mine to be superfluous.

Thanks to my new scanner with faster OCR features, I can begin to upload
more reviews from the piles of paper I have around here.  Again, thanks
to Fanfare and its editor and reviewers for allowing me to quote from
their magazine.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan