From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 11:25:35 +0000
Laurence Sherwood <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Do people on this List have experience with this question?  Are people
>whose musical tastes are formed by "rock" or whatever musical >perversion
>predominates in their formative milieu able to make the >transistion to CM
>as adults?

I'm in my early 50's and I guess you could say my musical tastes were
formed by "rock" during the late '60's.  How could they not?  It was a
time of great music.  It's only been in the past 10 years or so, a few
years after CD technology became readily available in boom boxes, that
I've been exploring CM.  I also haven't lost my appreciation of "rock,"
both current and older.

I'm curious was to what Laurence feels is perverted about popular music?

Ron Chaplin
Iselin, New Jersey, USA