Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 07:42:01 +0200
Then click on the hp's site and check out the advisory board.  Does any one
have any background on anyone on the advisory board?
I do: ( she admitted red-faced)
 S.H. Zlotkin, M.D., Ph.D., FRCP(C).
Professor, Hospital for Sick Children,
Chairman, CPS Nutrition Committee,
Toronto, Ontario
He is married to my cousin.  None of their kids was breastfed.
His is an interesting story.  When I was 15 I spent the summer working
voluntarily in a camp for underprivileged kids outside of Toronto.  My
cousin Judy and I went together to the camp.  Stan was there also. We all
hung out together. The last night of the camp, the  male counselors put on a
show for the kids, telling them Native American stories and at a certain
point Stan was to drop a fire ball for dramatic effects.  It blew up in his
face, and he was badly burned.  He spent the next several months in hospital
fighting for his life, and today is badly scarred.  His experience in
hospital was why he became a doctor. Judy married him a few years after
that. I really have no contact with them, but I see his name on all sorts or
research on infant nutrition, and I know that he goes to the same
conferences as the head of my dept., conferences sponsored by Abbot-Ross.
As many neonatologists, he was probably bought out by the AM companies.

Esther Grunis, IBCLC
Lis Maternity Hospital
Tel Aviv, Israel