From:
Gene Halaburt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:34:07 -0600
As I am sure most of you know, the Vanguard/Everest catalog contains
many outstanding recordings.  For those who have considered obtaining some,
there is both bad and good news.  The founder of Vanguard, Seymour Solomon,
recently passed away, and apparently the Omega Group will cease business
operations on 28 September 2002.  Until then, they are offering all of
their available CDs at the price of 4.98 USD per CD, SACDs at 21.98 USD and
multi-channel SACDs at 25.98 USD plus shipping and handling.  While it is
possible to order on the Web, it is on an "unsecure" web-page, and I felt
much safer ordering by phone at:  (212)769-3060.

A listing of their entire catalog can be seen at:

   http://www.omegarecords.com/products.htm

Usual disclaimers.

-GeneH