From:
Gene Halaburt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:11:43 -0600
Miguel posted for Sylvie Spengler:

> We are performing Villa Lobos Uirapuru on September 29th and it has
> a little solo for that instrument (the violinophone).  Ideally, I
> would like to find a way to rent or purchase an instrument.  I know
> very little about this issue, so I need your help!  Please let me
> know what I can do to find out about this!  Thank you very much.

They might check with:

Lark In The Morning
PO Box 799, Fort Bragg, CA 95437 USA
(707) 964-5569, Fax (707) 964-1979

Their web-site
<http://www.larkinam.com/MenComNet/Business/Retail/Larknet/BowedInstEurope>
shows two Stroh horned violins, each even has a sample MP3 sound file.
Incidentally, there is an excellent recording of Uirapuru (Stokowski,
Stadium Symph.  Orch.  of New York) on Everest 9023.

GeneH