From:
Dressler/DeMarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 16:42:13 -0500
Hi Kate,

I am relatively new to Lactnet having been in and out--mostly out--over the
years.  But I am also finally getting my "ducks in a row" in order to sit
for the IBCLC exam.  At the very least, it's a dream that won't seem to go
away.  Of course, I would have waited until the requirements changed, so
lining up the ducks takes just a bit more time!  I figure it'll take me
until 04.  I have some advantages--I am a LLL Leader for 13 years this June.

I think it's great that you want to pursue LLLLeadership.  I love that you
say "for the good things it offers."  It certainly seems to be a great
starting point for someone wanting to get some breastfeeding counseling
initials, but what do you mean by your question about LLL Leaders
"reconciling the advantages with the wisdom of Diane Weissinger."   Tell me
more?

Because it's come to my town here in VT, I am also thinking of taking the
Healthy Children CLC course, but my eye is on the 45 L CERPs that are a
requirement to sit the IBCLC.  I am not really interested in the CLC
designation.

In answer to your last question about initials--in all my years of knowing
experienced LLL Leaders who have taken the IBCLC exam, not one of them has
ever approached it with absolute confidence they would pass.  But they all
did.

Diane, LLL
Florence, VT