From:
Ann Slaughter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:34:03 -0600
Meg,

Have you thought about asking any of the local churches/synagogues for the
use of  a class room for your sessions?  I know that may that I have been
associated with offer their small class rooms, social hall etc. for other
community services Boy Scouts, Family days, AA, just to name a few.  Since
your funds are limited you might offer to pay something toward the buildings
power or gas bill if they don't charge a rental fee.  Also have you thought
about maybe video taping all your sessions and letting the "students" view
then at home and have a "post test" to assess the success of learning and
comprehension?  VCR tapes are very reasonable in price and maybe someone in
your group or a business would let you barrow a camera and tri-pod.  Then
there is always thinking about offering a baby sitter (if you are not in
your home) say a responsible teen who needs a little spending money or Girl
Scout (do they still have these) who needs to earn a badge or something, or
perhaps someone who does volunteer work would consider helping out for those
six nights for the classes?

Hope this gives you some other options.

Ann