From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 07:37:20 -0600
>I have heard the motherhood maternity is a big one....

During my last pregnancy I called their corporate office to complain about
this - they denied it lock stock and barrel.
I know it was them though - I deliberately misspelled my name when I gave it
to them and paid with cash - guess what name spelling the formula came to???
What I don't understand is this - how does it benefit a company that sells
NURSING clothing to push formula to people who then will not breastfeed????

When I went to the doctor last week, I was ranting a bit about Drug and
Formula company "gifts" to one of the ladies at the office - she informed me
that she was leaving there to go to work for a drug company and that they
now were only allowed to give out pens - no lunches, no coffee mugs, no golf
outings etc. Has anyone heard about this? I live in Texas - is this specific
to Texas or is it a result of the OAG guidelines? (I didn't think those were
actually in place yet) If anyone can point me in the right direction, I
would love to post an article on the board at work!

Thanks!
Michelle Meeks, RN