From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:56:00 EST
HI Everyone,
This over the counter recipe I actually received from Lisa Enger who is an LC
in the Boston area.
She wrote to me - the over the counter recipe, found on page 108 of "Dr. Jack
Newman's Guide to Breastfeeding" is:
       Mix equal parts of each cream together in a clean container with a
cover.  He suggests using ointments instead of creams if possible.  Prepare
small amounts and replace every few days, he suggests every two days.

       Neosporin or antibiotic ointment (can omit if unavailable)
       Lotrimin (clotrimazole 1%)
       1% Hydrocortisone

       Apply at least 4 times per day for 7 days.  Not necessary to wipe off
unless large amounts of the cream are still visible at feeding or pumping
time.  Can be used with hydrogel.

Hope this will be helpful to you all.
Ann Perry, RN IBCLC
Boston, MA