From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:59:30 -0800
barbara said, "It is impt. to tell your cred card
company the dates of your visit so they don't think
someone has gotten your  number and is using it
illegally on the other side of the world."

FWIW, I have never done that; this is the first time
I've heard it suggested.  so, if you forget, don't
worry.  I do suggest travelling with opposite credit
cards of your companion though, if it's your partner.
DH had his pocket picked in Florence, Italy and
suddenly we had no credit cards to use because mine
were the same as his.

I do suggest getting a decent amount of cash at the
Cambio when you first land too.  In Denmark, no ATM's
could communicate with our bank so we were unable to
get cash beyond what we had gotten at the airport.  We
were forced to only buy what we could with a Visa
card.  Once we hit Norway, we were fine.

I love to travel and want to buy a smaller house so I
can afford to travel more.

kate