From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:01:24 -0800
I appreciate what Mary Jozwiak about volunteer vs pro
bono services and the need for pro bono.  I agree that
donated services are very valuable to low income
families, and that we have a responsibility to our
entire community.

but, my impression of Dawn's original post on "2 hours
to rent a pump" was that these aren't necessarily low
income families, but rather a fault of the way her
pump rental facility combined with her role as a
LLLLeader were working out in practice.  I wouldn't
assume that these are mothers who can't afford Dawn's
services, but instead, her rental business was
structured such that there is no clear delineation
between "delivering the pump" and lactation
consulting.

Is it possible to write the pump rental contract to
include 15 minutes of basic instruction, while making
it clear that time beyond that is lactation
consulting, billable in addition to the rental fees?

=====
Kate Hallberg,  http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/advantages-of-formula.html  Mom to Ursula (8!), Sage (5.5) and Benno (23 mos)    "Happy the man with a nursing child, for he has a singing wife." - German proverb