From:
Tricia Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:35:42 EST
Please consider referring this mom to the BFAR website < www.bfar.org>.This
site is a wonderful resource. There is also information about the book
written about BFAR- Defining Your On Success by Diana West on the site. I
believe a big part of the challenge will be to help this mom see her sucesses
as she gets her milk supply established  with a hospital grade pump.She may
need to try galactagogues. I bet the archives will have tons of information.

 She will likely need a tremendous amount of support and may need some time
to grieve " the perfect baby" so she can connect with her child and see the
beauty.  I like the "Trip to Holland"  story. I share it with moms whose
babies aren't "perfect". I have lost my link during a crash. Maybe someone
else has an internet version. Websites in addition to BFAR that will be
helpful are LLL's site and the pumping moms list.
 Please keep us updated.

Tricia Hunt, IBCLC