From:
Annie Versteeg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 18:33:23 EDT
In a message dated 9/7/02 2:43:32 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< - if
it exists of course - by making the lactocytes more likely to bind
prolactin? >>

If the mom takes Domperidone, does this maybe trigger lactogenisis II by
taking her back to lactogenesis I with the increase of prolactin levels?
Then after a round of the Domperidone and an increase in milk flow, does the
brain THEN take over the milk production?  If maybe in all of the confusion
of pitocin, mag sulph, IV fluids etc. the body was unable to follow the usual
pattern to Lactogenesis II, hence we start her back at the beginning and hope
the body kicks in??  I have noticed in 2 moms with the use of Dom. that when
they stopped the intake, the production dropped somewhat for a couple of days
and then came right back up...  making me think the brain caught on this
time??  Am I way out in left field here?  It sort of reminds me of the way
anti-depressants work, they make the brain do what it's supposed to do.  Some
people take the antidepressants for 6 months and then never evperience
depression again.  The brain just needed a boost/reminder/rest?  OK, I'm
rambling, but this autocrine thing really has me thinking, and that's a good
thing!

Annie VerSteeg  IBCLC
Mom to Willie; 12 and Kayli; 10
Beach Area Breastfeeding