From:
Wendi Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:18:01 -0700
Hello All,

I have searched the archives and found many questions but not as many
answers.  I am including the post I received from a mom (with her
permission) and would love any insight or information you can offer.  The
main questions she has are 1. can the milk supply suppression be reversed
with herbals or domperidone?  2. Is Domperidone safe to take while pregnant?
3. What herbals are considered safe galactagogues while pregnant?
Thanks in advance for any information.

Wendi Jones
Breastfeeding Advocate

<<I have a four month old (born through IVF), who has been breastfeeding
exclusively just fine (80th percentile weight, 97th percentile height). I am
about to begin IVF again, but am worried about how it will effect my milk
production, since I will be taking Lupron, which reportedly may reduce my
supply.  I would like to exclusively breastfeed until 6 months, and am
wondering how I can keep up my milk supply while on Lupron and if I get
pregnant. Specifically, I was wondering about Domperidone (how to get it
from Canada, is it safe to take while trying to get pregnant, is it safe to
take while pregnant), since I understand that Fenugreek cannot be taken
while pregnant.  Or, is there some other medicine (western or eastern) that
is safe and might work?

Note: I cannot put off the IVF process since a $20,000 health benefit (the
cost of IVF) for this procedure will end soon, and I cannot afford to pay
for IVF.>>