From:
Karen Querna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:10:47 -0700
Dear Lactneters,

I appreciate the honest comments  - but things are changing - because its
members and potential members voices we are listening too!

One concern listed below is conferences- next year ILCA is planning 4
regional conferences in the US  and  Early Registration Deadline for ILCA's
2nd Regional Conference in Tarrytown, New York, USA is October 4, 2002. The
registration form and other details can be found at www.ilca.org
Eilen O'Sullivan the ILCA European Delegate is investigating the feasibility
of European meetings.
This will help decrease costs to people wanting to attend ILCA conferences
worldwide.
Have you noticed the JHL has abstracts in Spanish?
Need to write to an ILCA BOD member, Olson staff,  ILCA Committee Chair or
Editor (JHL and Globe) Contact information is on the web site. www.ilca.org
Please use it!
One the WEB Site you can find:
Our new Position Paper on HIV and Infant Feeding
ILCA Products can now be purchased online
ILCA Members can find:
New job listings in Career Mart., Member Directory, Publications, 2002
Annual
Conference, Attendee List

There is now a "Find a Lactation Consultant" area open to the public
worldwide  looking for an IBCLC - if you are an member and an IBCLC you can
list yourself there!

We have even more plans for the future - this is our professional
organization - but it is your involvement in ILCA that will help us move
forward! Want to help?
Write me!

ILCA is YOU
Karen Querna, RN, BSN, IBCLC