From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 08:50:10 -0400
Go to the following page and look at Dr. Ruth Lawrence's pages on reasons
not to breastfeed. Hepatitic C is discussed fully in these pages.

http://www.nmchc.org/html/FullText.htm

In her text, Breastfeeding: A guide for the medical profession, 1999, p.
225,  Hepatitis C is not listed as a contraindication to breastfeeding as
long as there is no co infection such as HIV.

I  would strongly take issue with anyone forbidding a mother to feed her
baby. It is the mother's right to have information and to make informed
decision.  It is no one's right to forbid her to do anything. Just because
she is poor does not mean she has no rights.  Someone should bring this up
to the professionals who mistakenly take this attitude.

Kathleen