From:
Karen Clements <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:57:18 +1100
Dear Pat
I doubt that being ACA positive would affect lactation directly
see this link for a good explanation of what it is which I found with Google
http://www.hygeia.org/poems4.htm
or do a search with Google for anticardiolipin antibodies or
antiphospholipid syndrome
it is auto immune, but I don't believe there is a connection with PCOS,
although I will stand corrected if there is!
Briefly, it causes clotting at the placental site causing recurrent
miscarriages and can cause hypertension as well. Hence the current
management is s/c heparin throughout the pregnancy. Was she treated with
this? Years ago they used to give steroids and aspirin. I worked in an
antenatal clinic for years and saw lots of these cases. Some sad ones-FDIU's
etc
I also have this syndrome, I'm Gravida 7 Para 3. Never had a supply problem,
just other problems not related!!
So I think its back to looking at other reasons for your clients low supply.
Cheers
Karen Clements IBCLC
Melb Aust
(where's it 31C degrees today-summer is here!!)