From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:13:40 -0700
An RD in our county has made this her main project.  She goes to churches
and speaks to the women's groups and the minister and his wife about the
horrible death rate among African American babies...then when they ask what
can we do?  She offers talks to their community about the importance of
breastfeeding and how they can help more mothers breastfeed, for longer
periods exclusively, and with longer duration.

She is trying to develop a list of sources of materials directed at the
African American.  We have been locating everything from dolls, breasts,
posters, videos and materials.

She has an excellent start - but I suggested that I'd try to contact others
through Lactnet to try to find more - especially free - sources.  We have
the www.4women.gov, but would like to know of others.

You can contact Monique directly at: [log in to unmask]

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC
NEW e-mail address: [log in to unmask]