Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Fiona Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 07:31:46 -0400
Julie Rosen said:

>And then I realized that, all these years, I've liked not really knowing how
>much milk they get when they snuggle in to nurse.  I don't want to be able
>to measure in ounces what they're taking in, anymore than I want to be able
>to quantify just how much they love me.  So, I'm just going to go in and
>continue nursing, unconsciously imagining an immeasurable flow of milk, and
>knowing that whatever it is, it's perfect...

Very well said Julie.  I know there are some types who only breastfeed
if they can *somehow* count something, i.e. they count the number of wet
diapers, or the number of nursing sessions or something (aren't these
the "type A" personalities?!) but I agree with you on the above...I was
always glad not to know how much my daughter was taking in.  I didn't
want to be thinking "that's so much!" or "that's maybe not enough"...I
figured as long as she was meeting milestones, looking healthy, and
gaining some weight, she was fine.

Fio
ressource person with Allaitement Québec
Nursing Mama to Sandrine, 31 mos, and #2, 11/2002