From:
Buffy Chavez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:55:05 -0400
Hello all!

My name is Buffy Chavez and I am studying Health Promotion with an emphasis
in Women's Health at the University of Northern Iowa.  I am also a student
doula through DONA.  I am looking forward to attending a Breastfeeding
Educator program and certifying as a CBE this fall.  This past summer, I
have been an intern with the Lactation Program at Covenant Medical Center
in Waterloo, Iowa.  I have really enjoyed "lurking" on Lactnet and learning
from the many breastfeeding sages.

I am completing a coloring book (one of my intern projects) I wrote and
illustrated and was wondering if any of you could offer any suggestions or
directions as to what I could do??  It is an informational coloring book
about a girl and her friend and their new baby siblings.  It is very pro-
breastfeeding, shows baby-wearing, co-sleeping, talks about the Intensive
Care Nursery and a mom using a breast pump for her baby in ICN, and shows
farm animal mommies feeding their babies.

I am curious about copyrights-is it necessary to register with U.S.
Customs? I also am curious about the hurdles of publishing books/coloring
books for children?

Anybody who has suggestions or ideas, please e-mail me at <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you for all of the wonderful posts on this site!  I have learned a
lot and I hope to have more experience under my belt someday to share with
others like you all do, with such clarity, humor, and gentleness.

Buffy Chavez, student doula-DONA, soon-to-be B.A., and soon-to-be C.B.E.
mother to Benny, my little nursling who teaches me so much every day