Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:53:04 +0100
>In a message dated 7/18/02 7:33:30 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
><< I understand that restricting calorie intake below 1500 - 1800 kcalories
>can have an effect on milk production.

Sorry to bang on about this, but is there good evidence that this is the case?

The research  I am aware of indicates that 'normal' dieting is not a problem.

It is hard enough for women to bf in the West...don't lets make it
even more difficult by telling them milk production can be affected
if they diet below 1500 kcals.....unless we really know this to be
true. As someone else has said, 1500 kcals a day sounds an impossibly
large amount to some women!

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK