From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:55:25 -0700
Does anyone on Lactnet know if a breastfeeding bra bank exists anywhere
currently?  Here in Olympia WA I am told repeatedly by WIC counselors
that low income moms go to the hospital to deliver without an opening
bra of any kind.  They say it is common for moms-to-be not to even bring
a front-hook sleep/leisure bra from Target or K-Mart to the hospital.
This seems to be the first challenge to get

their baby easily and often to the breast.

My daughter runs our local bra store fitting and selling our specialty
bras: nursing, bridal, large size,

and mastectomy (there is no self-serve).  So, I am thinking of taking
the bras I find at Goodwill and

other second-hand stores and creating a bra bank of washed and clean,
size-labeled bras.

Judy Ritchie