From:
Teresa Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 18:00:10 -0400
Just a couple of thoughts on this, from a mother who has many allergies in
her family and a youngest son who suffered from eczema. You said the mother
is avoiding processed foods herself yet is giving the baby rice cereal.
Those baby cereals are highly processed and contain preservatives which may
be causing some of the problem. I would take the baby off that if possible.

Also, has she considered that the problem may not be food? For my son, the
solution turned out to be dressing him only in 100% cotton clothes, washed
in soap (not detergent). Also had to wash my clothes, the sling, etc., in
soap. His eczema, which was quite severe, improved dramatically once I did
that.

Teresa Pitman
Guelph, Ontario