Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Chad & Kate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:53:19 -0700
I was walking down the isle of our local Fred Meyer's, now owned by Kroger, and noticed that Kroger brand infant formula has a nice picture of a healthy, chubby baby on the can.  I am of course going to write them, but while looking for the exact wording in the code I was becoming more depressed scanning all the other articles about marketing and offering free formula by health care providers etc.  So, I am feeling what is the difference if there is a picture of a baby on a can when there is so much disregard to the other articles.   But, I am going to buck up, write my letter to Kroger and try and remember that every step towards improvement is better than no steps at all.
I am writing this to you all  because at least here no one will think I am crazy to get worked up over something so little.
Keep up the good work.

 Kate McMurry

A minimum of $3.6 billion would be saved if breastfeeding were increased from current levels (64 percent in-hospital, 29 percent at 6 months) to those recommended by the U.S. Surgeon General (75 and 50 percent).

The Economic Benefits of Breastfeeding: A Review and Analysis
By Jon Weimer
ERS Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Report No. 13. 20 pp, March 2001
See  http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/fanrr13  for the complete article.