Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 01:30:50 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
I just wanted to thank the resident Lactnet expert on the chemistry of formula -- I'm so sorry I can't remember your name.  You wrote a few posts a couple of weeks ago about the source of the DHA in the new L-----l formula.  

I recently found myself at a July 4 get together in a room with a new mom (breastfeeding a 3-week old) and a mom who bottle-fed, discussing this new formula and how it was "really close" to breastmilk.  The new mom, I'm sorry to say, was already looking toward the day when she makes the switch to formula.  At least she had the sense to realize that nothing can actually replicate breastmilk, but unfortunately she also seemed to have great confidence in this new formula's ability to nourish her child as well as her milk.  I just had to put in my two cents, delicately of course, and I was glad to have the info you posted so I could share it with this mom.  

It's been expressed here so many times much more eloquently than now, but it's true more than ever that, if moms really had and understood ALL the information about human milk vs. ABM, breast vs. bottle, barring exceptional circumstances, the choice to nurse would, I hope, be so much clearer.  I was glad to be able to offer a small piece of it.

--Julie Rosen, LLLL in NJ

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2