From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 10:54:47 -0700
Walter Meyer ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Tom Connor wrote:
>
>>Just this past week on local radio in Philadelphia (WWFM) I heard
>>an advertisement about a concert (I think in Milwaukee) conducted by
>>Roshdesvensky, with his wife VP as soloist.  Sorry I can't remember the
>>details.
>>
>>So, if the marriage is past tense, it's not long past.
>
>Your information is probably inconclusive.  IIRC Argerich and Dutoit
>performed together after their marriage had ended.

We seem to be getting conused here.

1.  The original message suggested that Galina Vishnevskaya was the wife
of Gennadi Rozhdestvensky.

2.  Several people pointed out that GV was actually married to Mstislav
Rostropovich and I chimed in with the fact that Rozhdestvensky's wife is
AFAIk Viktoria Postinokova.

3.  None of this has anything to do with Martha Argerich and Charles
Dutoit.

4.  There is no 4.

deryk barker
([log in to unmask], http://www.camosun.bc.ca/~dbarker)