From:
Johanna Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 12:45:54 -0400
"I have just talked to a mom who plans to do the same thing.  She was
working
on weaning already (baby is 7 weeks old), but since she's seen the study,
she's going to pump and give baby at least some breastmilk until the 9
month
mark."

What I read in this study was that IQ was probably enhanced not only by
breastmilk but also by the mother/baby bond and interaction which carried
over into day to day interaction with the baby.  We know that IQ can be
raised by certain involvement on the parent's part.  So...breastmilk is
great, but the ACT of breastfeeding also plays a role in development.

Johanna Berger, LSW
Breastfeeding Counselor
Bala Cynwyd, PA