From:
Virginia G Thorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 08:42:38 +1000
Hi Chris

Why not drug-free sleep inducers, e.g. a bedtime ritual, a warm bath or
shower, reading something not too stimulating (boring), listening to music
or radio in bed, or a bit of imagery?  (I used to try to list every thing I
ate of drank in the 24 hours, and seldom got very faer before dropping off
to sleep.)

If sleep doesn't occur, staying in bed and worrying won't help.  Getting up
and finding something to do, preferably boring, may help. (Keeping a diary,
writign letters, keeping up with professional reading, tidying a cupboard.)
Some people would recommend a cup of warm cow's milk, sweetened, but I don't
recommend that unless the mother is sure she and her baby are not sensitive
to cow's milk protein.
                   Virginia
                    in sunny Brisbane