Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 11:41:27 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Hello all,

I have been a non-RN LC since beginning this hospital program 10 yrs ago. Several times the non-RN issue has come up, especially when this hospital merged with a larger corporation a few years ago. My partner and I were "Grandmother'd" in, since the other hospital's in this corporation only hire RN LC's. The issue up now is that JACHO is coming for a nice little visit, and the "higher up's" are concerned about non-RN's assessing patient's and developing a plan of care, apparently this is not in our scope.....of course we have been doing this for 10 yrs w/out any problems. We may have to stop our outpatient visit's (they come to us). We are thinking we can change certain words in our job descriptions to accommodate JACHO...such as observe instead of assess....or having the care nurse sign off on our notes. Has anyone else had to deal w/this?  This was not an issue during their last visit, they just wanted us to follow-up with all the mom's at 3 and 6 weeks. Anyway, any ideas would be most appreciated, so I thank ya'll in advance.

Margaret Sullivan BA, ICCE, BCLC

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2