From:
Anna Swisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:05:26 -0700
LuAnn,

The BW/Prep phenomenon is multi-factorial in cause.  There is a great updated website that offers information from medical, mental health and theological standpoints:  www.ezzo.info, that might be a good starting point for you.

Different people respond to different information, depending what their motivation is in using the materials.  I've done a presentation on GFI before that goes into the motivating factors, typical defenses, and information that is most appropriate for addressing those specific factors. Would be happy to share the outline with you--just email me.

In the meantime, you might find out from your friend which edition of Prep/BW she is using.  It sounds like she is using an older version, which sadly, happens frequently, as true believer moms pass along their old copies.  The newer '98 and 2001 editions graciously allow 8 week olds to feed more frequently--I guess God had a change of mind in terms of what was 'orderly' and a 'biblical mindset,' after all;-)!!

Don't give up.

Warmly,

Anna Swisher, MBA, IBCLC