From:
The Bentleys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:57:30 -0400
Hi Lisa - I just wanted to reiterate what has been said - a chiropractor
fixed my jaw, along with my "carpal tunnel syndrome" (not) and other joint
ailments that the docs wanted to poke cortisone needles into.  You may need
to make a few calls to find one that will work on all joints, not just the
spine.

A by-the-way - when I went to my dentist for a checkup my jaw was sore and I
was rubbing it.  When he asked if I had TMJ, I said, "Now only when I come
to the dentist, because my chiro fixed it."  The dentist said, "Make sure to
make a chiropractic appointment for right after all your dentist work."

I also worked with a mom whose baby had been forceps/vacuum delivered and
the baby's ears were 1/2 inch difference in height of position on the head.
Mom had a lot of pain while feeding which latch-work didn't help.  She took
the baby to a chiro but he would only work on neck and spine and didn't know
craniosacral massage therapy .  That was as far as the mom was willing to
go, and she stopped breastfeeding.  Linda Smith has a video on the
difference CST can make for babies with feeding difficulties/uncoordinated
suck when there is history of trauma.

I second Jennifer's recommendation to learn about alternative care
modalities; treating the problems instead of the symptoms.

Michelle Bentley CLE

Original post:
> The problem: When the baby latches to the breast, his little jaw "pops"
and
> clicks at the TMJ severely! > Lisa Jones RN CLE IBCLC
========
Just a simple visit (or several) to a chiropractor or CST trained
in treating babies is all you need. .... I strongly urge every single LC
to become versed in the skills of bodyworkers--from CST's to chiro's, to
PT's
and OT's to more energetic somatic healers, such as consegrity
practitioners.
Babies are meant to bf and  so many corrective measures we take to "fix" bf
problems would be much simpler and quicker to accomplish when babies bodies
are able to feel good and whole.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA