From:
Beth Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:41:31 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/2002 11:41:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Hannah and Dawn:
>
> In the orthodox judaic community the mother is NOT in the room during the
> circ.
>
>   Patricia

That is not necessarily true. I myself am an Orthodox Jew and was in the room
at my son's bris as were most of the women I know. Usually if a woman is not
there it is because she has chosen not to be. I made a decision not to stand
and watch but could have if I was so inclined.

By the way the moyal that most people use in Manhattan (and many others) tell
mothers that they should nurse their baby as soon as he is done with the bris.

Beth Schwartz LLLL