Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 08:48:34 -0500
The idea that the baby somehow takes just enough at the breast to "take the
edge off" her hunger and then refuses other foods makes no sense to me. Why
wouldn't a baby be just as likely to eat just enough solids to take the edge
off her hunger? In fact, it seems to me that eating solids (and digesting
them) is more work or effort for a baby, but the baby who is hungry would
stay at the breast longer because it's easier and more soothing. So this
suggestion doesn't seem logical to me.

Teresa Pitman
Guelph, Ontario