From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:24:28 EDT
"I am wondering if I should do anything different.   Thank you for any help
you can give me.  Christine Betzold NP IBCLC"

Christine,

Has the issue of oversupply been addressed?  Does baby "drain" the breast
well?
Even if mom doesn't feel like her breasts are overly full, oversupply can be
an issue or lack of adequate "emptying" of the breast due to infant suck.
You've probably already addressed this, but have had moms who never think
they've oversupply but watching baby nurse and treating oversupply has helped
solve problem of recurrent mastitis.

Phytolocca (homeopathic) can be helpful.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Brewster, NY