From:
Tille Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:55:20 EST
Hello all.
I have been an avid lurker since October and have enjoyed all the posts,
while learning from you all!  I am responding to Jan's post about what those
persons should call themselves who are not certified.  I am planning to take
the exam this July, but do not yet consider myself an LC.  I plan to refer to
myself in that context once certified, but feel that might be false
representation now.  I personally feel that the gold standard to term
ones-self an LC is to be certified.  This is just my opinion, though.  Even
though I have had the privilege to help nursing Moms for the past 21 years,
the only title I rightfully use is "Breastfeeding Counselor" from attending
the DHEC/WIC course.  This is the title I use when working with Moms.  I am
also an RN, but most of them realize that from my nametag and the fact I work
on an OB unit in a hospital.
Just one opinion.  Thanks again to the group for sharing your expertise and
knowledge.  I look forward to every digest!
                                          Tille Phillips RN