From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 09:47:08 EST
Dear Friends:
     I agree with others that Anh's baby should be at breast. Babies will
choose what helps them survive, if they are in a situation where choices are
available, as Anh describes her parenting style.
     I worked with a mom once whose baby did not grow either; after medical
advice was followed and the baby was off the breast and bottle-feeding did
not make the baby gain any more and the tube feeding did not result in
increased weight gain, the mother was left considering the placement of a
tube into her baby's stomach via surgery where food would be dumped directly
into the stomach.
     I don't know what she decided to do. It was beginning to dawn on her
that medical advice of 3 changes of feeding method with no results didn't
have much going for it to support surgery.
     Has Anh tried homeopathy? Another friend, whose baby stopped gaining
after 12 pounds, resisted the medical advice to wean. She went to a great
homeopath in our area (also a MD) who found a constitutional remedy that
complete turned things around!
     Warmly,
Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI, CCE
craniosacral therapy practitioner
Elkins Park (a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; northeastern USA)
supporting the WHO Code and the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative