From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:59:23 EDT
All right I'm on a roll and a quiet Sunday morning but here I am again. :-)

In the Sat. Boston Globe there was an article "A protein identified as
culprit in obesity" and I thought this may be the answer on why breastfeeding
protects people later in life from obesity and diabetes.  This protein is
PTP1B but it is not just a simple answer so adding it to the diet does not
work alone.
Now if anyone has time and money to do research this would be great to see if
breastmilk contains this protein and Jak2, or if the protective coating of
the gut prevents the lose of these proteins.

Food for thought.
Ann Perry RN, IBCLC
Boston, MA