Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gonneke van Veldhuizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 03:36:20 EDT
In einer eMail vom 7-5-02 6:47:34 West-Europa (zomertijd) schreibt

> I am looking for some references for switch nursing. I can't understand
> how it works. I understand it is sometimes suggested to encourage
> multiple MER's hence increase a supply, but given that MER's occur

Milk production is enhanced by the emptying of the breast and the stimulus to
the nipple and areola. MER will make the available milk flow, but repeated
stimulus of the areolar nerves will produce repeated prolactine rounds, thus
increasing the repeated restart of new production. In my vision switch
nursing prolonges the  high prolactinelevel caused by areolar stimulus.
Keeping on 1 breast does not renew the stimulus as switching does.
Prolonged nursing at one side will increase the fat intake, switch nursing
will enhance the total milkyield, including fat.

Warmly greeting,

Gonneke