From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:30:05 -0800
David Harbin ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Dear All, The SFSO/MTT Mahler 6 is US$26.95 (SFSO shop) and the Cleveland
>orchestra Cd set is US$175.00 for 10 CDs (Cleveland Orchestra shop).
>
>Meanwhile the clever LSO is selling LSO live CDs for GBP4-5 each.  I can
>buy the 4 CD set of The Trojans with complete libretto and translation for
>about the same cost of the SFSO 2 CD set.  Also, the LSO Live CDs work out
>at less than half the price of the Cleveland CDs.

And before that were the discs on the RPO's own label, which were less than
premium priced, not to mention all those Tring discs (incl.  the famous
Shipway Mahler 5).

At prices like those quoted above (and with the current Cdn/US $ exchange
rate) I'll be thinking more thatn twice.

deryk barker
([log in to unmask], http://www.camosun.bc.ca/~dbarker)